Back At It

So things have been a little slow in the Cora Anne world....probably because my craft room has looked like this...
Yeah, remember those storage cubes that I planned on picking up at Michaels? Well, I got them. They took an ENTIRE Saturday to assemble thanks to no pre-drilled holes and not exactly being square. But that wasn't even the biggest problem. You see, once they were assembled, they hardly looked like the amazing piece of furniture they show on the box. Remember this...
Oh no, not even close. They looked pathetic.
~
What to do? What to do? Well, I called on my favorite carpenter (MY DAD!) and as always, he saved the day! (Note: I highly recommend finding your own carpenter/handyman, especially one who charges ZERO for labor.) I commissioned him to build a frame to surround the cubes, hold them tightly together, and also lift them off the floor. That was pretty much the extent of my directions, and he took it from there. He took a few measurements of my non-square cubes, left my house, headed over to Home Depot to get the supplies he needed, and one week later, I had a HUGE piece of furniture delivered to my door.
~
(Unfortunately, after he was so snappy at making the thing, it then took me a month to get it painted...ugh!)
~
So......without further ado....here she is!
Isn't it amazing?!? Now everything in my craft room has a home! I'm going to look for a basket yet for the cubby on the bottom right, maybe to hold my fabric scraps.
~
And now I'm back in business with projects including something complete new to me which I'll tell you about soon!
~
Thanks Dad, I love it!