White Jello


So if you're heading to a Fourth of July picnic and still aren't sure what to bring, I've got just the dish for you....White Jello!
~
This is something my mom has been making for as long as I can remember. My family has always classified White Jello as a salad, although I'm not so convinced it should be. It's chock full of cool whip, so it kind of sounds like a dessert to me! Let's just put it this way....if you need to bring a salad to pass, bring White Jello. If you need to bring a dessert to pass, bring White Jello. Either way you're covered!
~
Here's the recipe:

1 envelope Knox gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1 cup boiling water
2/3 cup sugar
8 oz. cool whip
16 oz. sour cream
little bit of vanilla

1. Dissolve the gelatin in the cold water.
2. Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed above, stirring throughout.
3. Pour into a 9x9 baking dish.
4. Place in the refrigerator to set.
5. Top with your favorite berries. Mine is done in blueberries and strawberries special for the Fourth (just like mom does!)

Note: If you need a larger quantity, the recipe can be doubled and poured into a 9x13 baking dish like the picture above.

Enjoy!