Before & After : My Dollhouse

When I was young, my dad built me a dollhouse. I can still remember opening Christmas gifts in our living room, when the whole family moved into the kitchen for snacks and a little gift-opening break. When we returned back to the living room, there it was waiting for me!
~
My parents held onto the dollhouse all these years, and the last few it's been in our basement collecting dust, and probably providing a home for some spiders. It was finally time to get it all cleaned up and ready for Claire to use.
~
Here's the before, complete with some '80's country wallpaper...And the after...First up was giving the entire dollhouse a fresh coat of paint. Benjamin Moore Dove White on the interior and Behr Paris White (actually looks like pink) on the exterior. Next, I used scrap booking paper to wallpaper each of the rooms. And finally I sewed curtains for each of the rooms. While sewing the teeny-tiny curtains, I remember thinking to myself, "this is how my child will know I love her, I'm hand sewing curtains for her dollhouse!" Then I had to remind myself that she's 2.5 and the curtains are totally irrelevant to her!
~
Here's a few of the rooms...bathroom & baby's roomgirl's room & master bedroomliving roomWe filled the rooms with Fisher Price dollhouse toys. Someday if she decides that she wants to set it up as "real" dollhouse she can, but for now these are just fine (and unbreakable!)The first time we showed it to Claire, with arms way open wide she exclaimed "oh, wow!" So I'll take it we did alright!
~
Holy smokes, this is blog post #400!
I sure
am addicted to blogging love to blog!