Baking with Pumpkin

This past week we celebrated a friend's birthday one day, and I hosted a MOPS play date at my house the next. Both events required some baking on my part, so I turned to one of my favorite Fall flavors, pumpkin!Here's what I made for my friend's birthday:

Harvest Pumpkin Spice Cake

Cake Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Frosting Ingredients:
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup walnuts (if desired)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease bottom of 9x11 pan.
Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth.
Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger & cloves.
Spread in pan, bake for 30 minutes.
Cool before frosting.

~

And here's the pumpkin bread recipe I made for my MOPS play date. Both received rave reviews (which is saying a lot since I'm not necessarily known for my superb baking skills!)

~

Happy baking!