My Super Hero

Claire was invited to a birthday party this weekend for Eli & Jonah, twin brothers from her preschool class. Claire has been smitten with Eli since the start of the school year, and Jonah has recently made his way into the picture too. So needless to say, the party was a b.i.g. deal for this girl!
~
The invite for the party read that kids are welcome to wear a super hero costume. Okay, so we're pretty sure Claire knows what super heroes are, but we've never once purchased anything super hero for her. So this mumma got to work creating a Super Claire costume!
~
First up was a super hero t-shirt. I used my Cricut to cut out paper shapes for the design plus the letter "C". This allowed me to play around with sizes and placement prior to actually cutting into any fabric. Once I had each of my shapes selected, I used Heat N' Bond Ultra Hold Iron-on Adhesive to create the fabric shapes.And finally, I cut the shapes out and adhered them to a white t-shirt......and here's what it looked like!
~
Next up was a super hero cape. I found some hot pink, bright green and teal shiny costume fabrics that all had a bit of sparkle to them (of course!) The night before the party, I sat down with no pattern and no plan but just began cutting and sewing and thankfully, the cape came together really well!
~
And here's our super hero!
she plays the part well!a hair clip to match with some leftover scraps from the capeso long, Super Hero Claire!
~
This was such a fun project to make, and I had a blast watching Claire running around at the party with her friends. She loves wearing the cape, so I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of Super Hero Claire!





<span class=