Insta-Friday

Happy Friday!
~
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was really nice. We started with a quick getaway to Chicago, and ended it with a few low-key family get-togethers. Here's a peek...
it was a happy mail kind of week...including beautifully wrapped packages from Megan of Sparrow Mercantile and Allison of Paisley Sprouts.  Both are such sweet, and such talented, creative ladies.
~
We did the whole Elf On the Shelf for the first time this year.  Claire named our elf ZeZe.  We had so much fun coming up with creative (and up high and out of Zachary's reach) places for him to be each day.  Here's a few of my favorites:
ZeZe's own hot air balloon flying over our sun room
 this was intended to be a zip line, but in the process of setting it up, ZeZe found himself upside down and hanging on for dear life.  So not the plan, but it really worked!  
 
Our very own super hero, flying high over our kitchen!
Along with our neighbors, we had our own 12 Days of Christmas, where each house took 2 days to deliver treats to the other neighbors.  These North Pole cupcakes were my favorite to make and give!
I scored an ah.ma.zing deal on this snow suit for Zachary, perfect for our Chicago trip, right??
He did NOT agree!
Breakfast at American Girl with my girl + Kit
(totally blurry picture, ugh!)
The Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo.  Sooo cool!
a little (or a lot of) post-vacation let down
Blue Lily is coming to my town!!  I've kept an eye out, and the closest they've come in the past is Chicago or Detroit, so when I saw that they were coming to Grand Rapids, I booked!  Now I've got 9 months to figure out what we're going to wear!!
still my favorite guy to spend the holidays with
and my favorite Christmas gift that Eric worked with Dee of Red Letter Words to create.
I'll share details of how this came about soon!
~
Have a great weekend!


life rearranged

Photobucket